The Whitsundays, in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, is home to Hamilton Island, Hayman Island, Daydream Island and Long Island, as well as Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet on Whitsunday Island.
The region stretches from Proserpine in the south to Bowen in the north; west from Collinsville and east to Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands, an archipelago of green islands and sandy atolls surrounded by tropical blue waters.
Tourism Whitsundays is the region’s tourism organisation and destination marketing agency.
The Whitsundays’ Hero Experiences have been developed to deliver the region’s long-term tourism vision and brand promise. The Hero Experience themes are:
- Diverse island paradise in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Iconic landscapes including world famous Whitehaven Beach.
- Only place to see Heart Reef, a natural coral formation in the shape of a heart.
- Sailing, flying, snorkelling and diving.
- Cosmopolitan Airlie Beach and mainland including the beautiful beaches of Bowen in the north.
- Diverse hinterland offering rainforest and waterfalls and characterful country towns including Proserpine and Collinsville.
Learn more about regional tourism data through research and insights.